2-3 tablets orally, 3 times daily
Leftose® tablet is considered safe for children to consume if the child is able to chew and swallow a tablet without choking.
- 1-2 years old : 1-2ml : 3 times daily
- 3-6 years old : 2-3ml : 3 times daily
- 7-12 years old: 5-6ml : 3 times daily
Leftose® Syrup is formulated to make it easy for children to consume, as some children are unable to chew or swallow tablets. It is also tasty to drink, making it easy for parents to administer it to the children. Adults can take it as well, but most adults prefer the convenience of taking tablets or lozenges.
1 lozenge every 2-3 hours (up to 8 per day)
1 lozenge every 2-3 hours (up to 6 per day)
LyzoMAX is a special formulation using Lysozyme Hydrochloride as the main active ingredient.
- Leftose® lozenges with Honey Lemon comes with 90mg of LyzoMAX and is flavoured with honey lemon
- Leftose® MAX lozenges come with a higher dosage of 120mg LyzoMAX and is flavoured with blackcurrant. It also contains Vitamin C and Zinc.Vitamin C is one of the most well-known vitamins that helps to boost our body’s immune system. We get it from our diet by eating Vitamin C-rich foods like fresh fruit and vegetables. Our bodies cannot produce Vitamin C or store large amounts of Vitamin C, so taking Vitamin C during a bout of infection can help boost the body’s immunity and reduce the severity and duration of symptoms.
Zinc is a mineral, and like Vitamin C; supports the immune system, as well as the protection of cells from oxidative stress. Zinc is required for healthy growth and development. Although essential to our immune systems, we do not produce Zinc.
Vitamin C and Zinc are both great immune boosters that work synergistically together to boost the body’s immunity.
Leftose® lozenges is considered safe for children to consume if the child is able to suck a lozenge without choking.
- Leftose® lozenges is made from a 100% natural enzyme
- It has a unique dual action of relieving sore throat and dissolving phlegm
- It does not numb the tongue like other lozenges, so you can still taste your food
- It is sugar free
The main active ingredient is Lysozyme Hydrochloride, a natural enzyme derived from egg white. Lysozyme Hydrochloride can also be found in our bodies in tears, saliva, breastmilk and the nasal mucus.
Lysozyme Hydrochloride has two actions. Firstly, it helps to thin and break down clingy phlegm from air passage walls, making it easier to cough the phlegm out; secondly, to help relieve the symptoms of sore throat by reducing swelling and throat discomfort.
Leftose® is made from Lysozyme Hydrochloride, which is derived from egg white, and may not be suitable for those with egg allergies.
Leftose® products are generally safe for consumption. However, no clinical studies have been done on pregnant and lactating mothers. It is best to consult a medical professional prior to consumption, if in doubt
Leftose® can be consumed before, with, or after food.
|Leftose®||Tablet||Syrup||Lozenges (Honey Lemon)||MAX (Blackcurrant)|
|Lysozyme Hydrochloride||30mg per tablet||5mg per ml of Leftose syrup||90mg per lozenge||120mg per lozenge|
|Recommended dosage||2-3 tablets, 3 times daily||* 1-2 years old: 1-2ml, 3 times daily|
* 3-6 years old: 2-3ml, 3 times daily
* 7-12 years old: 5-6ml, 3 times daily
|1 lozenge every 2-3 hours (up to 8 per day)||1 lozenge every 2-3 hours (up to 6 per day)|
|Recommended age group||12 years and above||Children (1-12 years old)||12 years and above||12 years and above|
You can purchase Leftose® products at most clinics and major retail pharmacies.